Dr. Thanachart Numnonda
President, The Association of Thai ICT Industry
Executive Director – IMC Institute
TOPIC: Big Data Analysis
Dr. Thanachart Numnonda is a president of the association of Thai ICT industry. He is also a founder and executive director of IMC Institiue. Currently, he also holds many other position in both public and private sectors. These includes a member of council at Ubon Ratchathani university, a board member, information technology and communications science academic discipline for the national research council of Thailand, Chairman of SiamEast solutions public company limited and an independent director at Vintcom Technology public company limited and Humanica public company limited.
Dr. Thanachart is a former director of Software Park Thailand between October 2010 – December 2012. Prior to joining Software Park Thailand, he was business development director of Sun Microsystems (Thailand) Ltd. since 2005, responsible for the software business. He has played a crucial part in the development of Sun’s product lines and business expansion in Thailand. He is also experienced in the IT development of Thailand’s education sector. He was vice president for planning and information technology at Khon Kaen University, and acting project director of E-Saan Software Park.
He was an associate professor at the Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University, and a lecturer to several universities.
Dr. Thanachart graduated in electrical engineering from Khon Kaen University. He also holds a master’s degree and a PhD in electrical engineering and electronics from University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Oct 2010 – December Director Software Park Thailand
- Jun 2010 – September Director PricewaterhouseCoopers FAS Ltd.
- Mar 2004 – Mar 2010 Business Development & Sales Director Sun Microsystems (Thailand)
- Sep 2003 – Feb 2004 Associate Professor Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University
- Apr 1995 – Aug 2003 Lecturer & Assistant Professor Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University
- Assistant President for ICT planning, Khon Kaen University; March 2003 – March 2004
- Director, E-Saan Software Park ; July 2003 – March 2004
- Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University; June 2000-September 2002.
- Head of Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University; November 1997-May 2000.
- Director, Computer Center, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University; May 1996- November 1997
- Honorary research fellow, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Auckland, New Zealand; July 1997 – September 1997.
- A member of steering committee of NECTEC research fund; January 2005 – present.
- A member of High Speed Internet committee, NBTC, November 2014—present.
- A member of Thailand National Opensource committee; January 2005 – July 2006.
- Honorary judges for several software awards/contests including Asia Pacific ICT awards 2005- 2011, Thailand ICT awards 2004-2012, National Software Contest 2000-2011, Smart Innovation Award 2002-2012 and DTAC award 2003-2004.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND Auckland, New Zealand
Ph.D. (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) March 1995
Master of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) November 1991
- KHON KAEN UNIVERSITY Khon Kaen, Thailand
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) February 1986
- Training / Certifications
SUN Certified Java Programmer October 1999
SUN Certified Java Instructor March 2001
Training on Satellite Communication Systems, Matra Marconi Space Center, Toulouse, France May 1999
Data Communication & Computer Network Training, University of Adelaide, Australia April 2000